HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives represent seven-generations of LTO technology capable of storing up to 15 TB per cartridge, with HPE TapeAssure for manageability, hardware data encryption, HPE StoreOpen with LTFS for ease of use at an unprecedented performance. With HPE TapeAssure customers can be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media. Data hardware encryption using AES 256-bit provides easy-to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges. Linear Tape File System (LTFS) is an open format for storing data on tape that makes LTO generation 5 and later tapes self-describing and file-based. Capable of data transfer rates up to 300 MB/sec native, HPE’s Data Rate Matching further optimizes performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming, thus enabling the fastest tape performance.
- The new HPE LTO-7 Ultrium 15000 Tape Drive, capable of storing 15 TB (compressed) per cartridge at up to 300 MB/s transfer rate (native), providing a 6Gb/sec SAS interface.
Outstanding Capacity and Performance, Monitoring Capabilities, Hardware Encryption & StoreOpen/LTFS
- HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives provide up to 15 TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- HPE StoreOpen and Linear Tape File System (LTFS) allows customers to store data in an open format making the tape self-describing and file-based.
- HPE TapeAssure offers customers the ability to make the best use of their investment and be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media, allowing the switch from reactive to proactive management.
- Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.
- Provides highest level of security with compression for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
Reliable, Well Connected and Compatible
- Allows the tape drive to continuously adjust the speed of the drive to keep drives streaming to maximize performance and reduce start/stops which significantly increase reliability of HPE drives and media.
- SAS models qualified on HPE and non-HPE servers; including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun. Visit us on the web for the latest information on HP Enterprise Backup Solutions.
- Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HP, CA, VERITAS, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.
- Design leveraged from previous HP LTO tape drives to deliver confident backups at high duty cycles.
Complete Solution Straight out of the Box
- Provides HPE LTO media, cleaning cartridge(with full height drives), a free copy of the option to download Yosemite Server Backup Basic software which includes support for hardware data encryption, cables and documentation.
- For IT organizations with stringent, long-term data retention requirements, WORM data protection capability offers a simple and secure method for archiving records allowing customers to affordably meet the toughest industry compliance regulations.