RVR is Sphero’s revolutionary take on the programmable robot - drivable right out of the box, packed with a diverse suite of sensors, and built for customisation.
Utilising an expansion port, you can connect 3rd party hardware like Raspberry Pi, Arduino, BBC micro:bit, and more. RVR is a mobile platform for everyone from beginners to elite hackers, teachers, and students.
RVR is more than just a fun, programmable robot... We’ve added some incredible features that open up a world of possibilities for anyone ready to take their creativity to the next level. Think of RVR as the ultimate mobile canvas for your creativity. Build the robot of your dreams and then program it with the Sphero Edu app -- the only limit is your imagination (and possibly physics). Chances are, if you can hack it, RVR can do it.
· From beginners to technical hobbyists, RVR has something for everyone.
· Drive RVR right out of the box, no assembly or complicated setup required.
· A powerful motor, all-terrain treads and plenty of torque give you the freedom to drive RVR just about anywhere.
· RVR features a highly accurate, professional-level control system that won’t be deterred by obstacles or uneven surfaces.
· Packed with sensors -- colour sensor, light sensor, IR, magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyroscope.
· A removable, rechargeable battery delivers enough juice to power RVR and third-party hardware.
· RVR’s expansion plate is designed to work with most third-party hardware including Raspberry Pi, Arduino, MicroBit and more.